Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shop nightmares

My shop is an utter disaster.  I cut out most of the parts for the digger a month ago and things went fine.  Then I began digging in boxes and bins for accessories and layout tools.  Next thing you know I've got crap everywhere and can't find anything when needed.  I broke my bandsaw blade as well and then FINALLY, the weather turned to spring.

So I have put the digger on hold with parts ready to assemble while I plant the garden.  That is going great.  I am doing my vegetables in containers again.  I did 24 hills of potatoes in bag gardens, a huge pot of carrots, 4 kinds of herbs in 10" pots and bought a dozen tomatoe plants.  Last year I was more organized and did my  tomatoes from seedling but with the snow and cold in April I failed to realize the time had arrived.  Still, we should have a good harvest as long as the bucket brigade maintains it's vigilance.  Container gardening produces massively but you have to be Johnny on the Spot with the rainwater or it's a bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment